ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR & RECEPTIONIST
To undertake lecturing duties and the associated functions of preparation, assessment, moderation, and curriculum development.
- General English lessons or for specific objectives, in groups or individually, with learners of all ages and learning projects.
- Teaching onsite, online and hybrid formats.
- Use of teaching methods and documents chosen by the director of the establishment.
- Creation of educational tools and resources.
- Research work and course preparation
- Follow-up and correction of course work.
- To plan and prepare appropriately the assigned learning program
- To conduct assigned classes at the scheduled times
- To provide opportunities for learners to access and use current technology, resources and information to solve problems or integrate relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction
- To provide opportunities for learners to apply and practice what is learned
- To engage learners in creative thinking and integrated or interdisciplinary learning experiences
- To apply appropriate multiple assessment tools and strategies to evaluate and promote the continuous intellectual development of the learners
- Administrative tasks related to the management of students in the assigned class(es): attendance control, daily indication of course content through the Arc en Ciel platform.
- Scheduling: Teachers enjoy part-time, hourly schedules. Academic support is needed seven days a week, 24 hours each day, thus a variety of availabilities can be accommodated. You will be leading small group classes and private classes as well as providing feedback on student work.
- Students: All ages
- Remuneration: from R200 per hour
- Training: Training and ongoing professional development throughout the contract
- You will be contracted by The Really Great Teacher Company as an Independent Service Provider
- Must have prior experience teaching English, preferably as a second language, online experience preferred
- Professional fluency in English is a must
- Highly computer literate
- Use of ICT in teaching (TBI, TEAMS etc.) and online class facilitation solutions.
- No criminal record
- Great communication skills
- Ability to integrate and work within a multicultural team.
- Sense of relationship and teamwork, willingness to exchange.
- Versatility, dynamism, enthusiasm.
- Adaptability to different audiences and course types/modalities.
- A practice of the French language would be appreciated.
- TEFL/TESOL Certificate
- Currently enrolled in or has completed a degree program at an accredited institution of higher education in Linguistics, Education, English, Modern Languages or Literature, or related field
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
HOW TO APPLY
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
The successful candidate will have to take the necessary steps with the competent South African authorities to be declared as a service provider.