LOCATION: Gqeberha, South Africa
START DATE OF CONTRACT: as soon as possible
- General English lessons or for specific objectives, in groups or individually, with learners of all ages and learning projects.
- Teaching in distance, face-to-face and comodal formats.
- Use of teaching methods and documents chosen by the director of the establishment.
- Creation of educational tools and resources.
- Research work and course preparation.
- Follow-up and correction of course work.
- Administrative tasks related to the management of students in the assigned class(es): attendance control, daily indication of course content through the Arc en Ciel platform.
PRESENTATION OF THE ORGANIZATION:
Founded in 1960, the Alliance Française of Port Elizabeth is the only one to ensure a French presence in the town of Gqeberha and for the entire province of the Eastern Cape. Our alliance is a school of reference for learning French and discovering French-speaking culture, but also the only approved examination center for french certification as a foreign language in the Eastern Cape.
The Alliance Française of Port Elizabeth belongs to the largest international network for the promotion of French, Francophone language and culture, which brings together more than 800 local legal associations in more than 135 countries. Our teachers, qualified and experienced, practice interactive pedagogy and offer a wide range of courses in French, English and Xhosa.
All our courses are personalized by levels and learning projects. In addition, we have equipped classrooms, a media library and many tools for teachers. We also grant the possibility of taking courses remotely and all our learners have access to TEAMS (digital platform).
Vernissages, concerts, cooking classes, open forum etc. Many cultural activities and workshops punctuate the life of the Alliance Française of Port Elizabeth.
REQUIRED SKILLS :
- English teaching experience.
- Use of ICT in teaching (TBI, TEAMS etc.) and online class facilitation solutions.
- Ability to integrate and work within a multicultural team.
- Sense of relationship and teamwork, willingness to exchange.
- Versatility, dynamism, enthusiasm.
- Adaptability to different audiences and course types/modalities.
- A practice of the French language would be appreciated.
Diploma in English as a teaching language.
TYPE OF CONTRACT:
HOURLY VOLUME PER WEEK:
Hourly vacations for daytime and evening classes, Monday to Saturday.
From 190 rand (ZAR) per hour.
PROCEDURE TO FOLLOW TO SUBMIT YOUR CANDIDACY:
Send CV and cover letter
to Mr. Guillaume Favier Nirere > firstname.lastname@example.org
with copy: to > email@example.com
Put in subject line: “Job English teacher”
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
The successful candidate will have to take the necessary steps with the competent South African authorities to be declared as a service provider.