LOCATION: Gqeberha, South Africa
START DATE OF CONTRACT: Immediate
To undertake lecturing duties and the associated functions of preparation, assessment, moderation, and curriculum development.
- General Xhosa lessons or for specific objectives, in groups or individually, with learners of all ages and learning projects.
- Teaching onsite, online and hybrid formats.
- Use of teaching methods and documents chosen by the director of the establishment.
- Creation of educational tools and resources.
- Research work and course preparation
- Follow-up and correction of course work.
- To plan and prepare appropriately the assigned learning program
- To conduct assigned classes at the scheduled times
- To provide opportunities for learners to access and use current technology, resources and information to solve problems or integrate relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction
- To provide opportunities for learners to apply and practice what is learned
- To engage learners in creative thinking and integrated or interdisciplinary learning experiences
- To apply appropriate multiple assessment tools and strategies to evaluate and promote the continuous intellectual development of the learners
- Administrative tasks related to the management of students in the assigned class(es): attendance control, daily indication of course content through the Arc en Ciel platform.
- Scheduling: Teachers enjoy part-time, hourly schedules. Academic support is needed seven days a week, 24 hours each day, thus a variety of availabilities can be accommodated. You will be leading small group classes and private classes as well as providing feedback on student work.
- Students: All ages
- Remuneration: from R200 per hour
- Training: Training and ongoing professional development throughout the contract
- You will be contracted by The Really Great Teacher Company as an Independent Service Provider
Minimum Requirements :
- Must have prior experience teaching Xhosa, preferably as a second language, online experience preferred
- Bilingual in Xhosa and English is a must
- Highly computer literate
- Use of ICT in teaching (TBI, TEAMS etc.) and online class facilitation solutions.
- No criminal record
- Great communication skills
- Ability to integrate and work within a multicultural team.
- Sense of relationship and teamwork, willingness to exchange.
- Versatility, dynamism, enthusiasm.
- Adaptability to different audiences and course types/modalities.
- A practice of the French language would be appreciated.
- Currently enrolled in or has completed a degree program at an accredited institution of higher education in Linguistics, Education, English, Modern Languages or Literature, or related field
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Presentation of the Organisation:
All our courses are personalized by levels and learning projects. In addition, we have fully equipped classrooms, a media library and many tools for teachers. We also grant the possibility of taking courses remotely and all our learners have access to TEAMS (digital platform).
Type of Contract:
How to apply
Please drop your application at Alliance Française Port Elizabeth or email resume
Your application must include the following:
- CV with References
- ID Copy
- Motivational letter
Email to Mr. Guillaume Favier Nirere > email@example.com
with copy: to > firstname.lastname@example.org
Put in subject line: “Xhosa Teacher Vacancy”
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
The successful candidate will have to take the necessary steps with the competent South African authorities to be declared as a service provider.